The British invasion has begun! Join us at Richmond National Battlefield Park and Historic St. John’s Church for a first-of- its kind event interpreting the capture of Richmond by British Brigadier General Benedict Arnold on January 5, 1781. Dozens of reenactors from New Hampshire to North Carolina will take the field in Church Hill to bring the sounds, smells, and colors of America’s 18th century history to life!
- 9 AM - NOON: See British and American Revolutionary War camps on the grounds of the Chimborazo Medical Museum.
- 10 AM: National Park Service Ranger Nathan Hall discusses the evolution of Chimborazo from 18th century battlefield to Civil War hospital to neighborhood in the Chimborazo Medical Museum Theater.
- 10:30 AM: Benedict Arnold describes his role in the American Revolution in the Chimborazo Medical Museum Theater..
- 11:00 AM: Weapons demonstration by reenactors on the Chimborazo Medical Museum grounds, followed by a march to Historic St. John's Church.
- 1:00 PM - 4 PM: Living history programs at Historic St. John's Church, including an encampment on church grounds, and Open House style tours of the church.