St. John’s Church Foundation and the Poe Museum Present Fancy Me Mad, our fall event honoring the spirits of the season, All Hallow’s Eve, as well as master storyteller, Edgar Allan Poe. Please join us for a ghostly Graveyard tour, followed by tales from Mr. Poe himself. Refreshments available!
An evening of fright — for you! if you dare;
For spirits come alive, and welcome you here.
When the gates swing wide, and you enter in,
These ghosts will confess… Buyer Beware!
The spirits expected to appear include Eliza Poe, mother of Edgar Allan Poe; George Wythe and his murderous nephew; Benedict Arnold; a Confederate Soldier; a victim of the 1811 Theater Fire, and many more! There will be 2 seatings of Poe's story-telling in the church.
- 5:30 pm – Gates to the Graveyard open; spirits appear
- 6:00 pm – Church doors open for first show; seating is first come, first served.
- 6:15 pm - 1st show begins (lasts about 20 minutes)
- 7:00 pm – Church doors open for second show; seating is first come, first served.
- 7:15 pm - 2nd show begins (lasts about 20 minutes)
- 5:30 – 8:00 pm - Gift Shop open for shopping